Top Ten List of Creativity Lessons Learned from Candy Crush
10) I have to move things around to make the most progress
9) Sometimes it takes trying over and over again to feel like any progress is being made
8) It's good to get help from my friends when I need it
7) Stripes and sparkles make it more fun
6) I can always go back and do something over again
5) I can play anywhere
4) It is satisfying to complete a level
3) It's best played alone
2) I can't achieve a higher level if I don't play
And the number one creativity lesson I learned from Candy Crush:
1) I CAN'T DO ANYTHING CREATIVE IF I'M ALWAYS PLAYING CANDY CRUSH!
Everything applies to creativity... we can always go back to something, we sometimes need help from our friends, sometimes it takes more than one try, etc. but we will never make anything meaningful if we never make anything...
Put down your biggest time waster,
whatever it is,
and embrace the unique creative potential of today!
p.s. What level are you on?
Join my email list.
Your inbox is important to me. I will never share your information or fill your inbox with non-sense (unless, of course, it's meaningful non-sense).
I know Creativity...
she and I have a lifelong relationship. Join me as I share the exploits, successes, and learning experiences of my own creative journey.
Click here for my first blog posts on CreateCurious.